Tuesday, July 21, 2015

A baby shower, summer vacations & 39 weeks pregnant!

Heyo!
It's been a little while, no?
Well it's safe to say quite a bit has happened since I posted last!
So here's an overview.

Back in June I was thrown the loveliest baby shower by these two fantastic women!


and two of my adopted little sisters


The shower was Tiffany themed brunch and by a last minute turn of events my good friend Lizzy was able to be in town that day and took some beautiful photos!


We had acai bowls that were just as delicious as they looked.


Thank you to all the fun friends who came and spoiled us!


A few days after the shower, Jason and I headed to Washington, D.C. for his cousin's wedding, and happened to be there at the same time as the congressional baseball game we met at three years ago!

For tradition's sake, my mom was sitting by us again.
We like to call it "Jason and Cheryl's first date"
because it's when my mom really fell hard for Jason.
(you can read more about the story in this article, but please don't think I said we don't have dragonflies in Arizona, it was a misquote! Fireflies!!)

One night we got to stay with our friends at their beautiful home in Maryland
where we made great memories while we were dating!
We ate lots of crab -- my favorite -- and road around on a quad to watch the fireflies come out.
Is there anything more magical than a field of fireflies?!
I think not.


It's also noteworthy to mention we went to my favorite burger & shake joint in all the world,
GOOD STUFF.
Their turkey burger + any shake on the menu (I've tried most of them) are fantastic.
This time I got a birthday cake shake they will only give you on your actual birthday, and it was my favorite one to date!
They also have crazy dipping sauces like mango and Old Bay.

We always seem to be traveling on my birthday and I quite like it that way!
It kind of takes the pressure off, you know?
Like when people ask you "Well what are you going to do today?! IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY!"
you just say you're out of town and instantly it sounds like you're having a blast (because you are).

So for my birthday, I got to go to a wedding in Virginia and meet all of Jason's cousins for the first time!
They are one cool bunch. They are also one tall bunch.
Jason is almost 6'4'' and he looks shrimpy!
Jon is seven feet, and that beautiful girl Carolyn is 6'6" and we got to watch her play in the WNBA last Saturday!

We finished off the evening by eating blueberry croissants and watching a movie in this zebra robe I found in our hotel closet. So trendy, so chic.

 Sorry, this is the longest post ever.
Moving on.
At the end of June we headed up to Utah 
(with obvious stops both ways to see Meesh and Joe on the way in Las Vegas)
for a couple of weeks and had a blast!

This is pretty much the only photo Jason and I took the entire time and we laughed for a good, long while about it. Why are ALL of my maternity dresses horizontally striped?!
It's like I'm literally screaming I'M PREGNANT, CAN'T YOU SEE everywhere I go!

Speaking of that, I am now 39 weeks and 1 day pregnant!
I am still feeling pretty normal and good most of the time, so who knows when this baby will come!
I've yet to have a contraction (other than one night when we were walking a little too fast to the stadium of fire) so I'm kind of thinking this little guy is quite comfortable in there and will not be making his debut a day earlier than he needs to. And I'm totally okay with that!
I did get my membranes stripped yesterday mostly out of curiosity to see what would happen and nothing did happen, except for the pain associated with that endeavor. Why did I do that to myself?!

So in case you're wondering what I'm up to, you can find me organizing baby boy clothes, relaxing with Jason, running into things with my stomach, and trying to get my water to break at Last Chance
(because seriously how funny would that be?).

In other worlds, I am so excited to be a mom!

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this!!! I can't believe how close you are! I'm dyingggg to see what my future son in law will look like :) good luck beautiful mama! You'll do amazing! Let me know if you need anything :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so excited for you. You will be amazed at the feelings that are in store for you.

    ReplyDelete