Wednesday, November 19, 2014

My first ever sick day

My alarm went off at 4:30 this morning and I rolled out of bed just a little slower than usual.
I began getting ready and noticed that my throat was sore and I couldn't breathe out of the left side of my nose. Then I noticed how achey I was. So much ache.

So, I had a battle with myself thinking,
"I have an important video to put out today at work and hundreds of photos that need editing before Friday. I can't possibly stay home for just a little cold!"
Plus, I had never just taken a sick day because I was feeling a little down.

But you know what?
I did it!

Yes, I had "important" things to do,
but commuting 1.5 hours to work and back (not to mention my 10.5 hour work day)
just sounded pretty cruel to myself right now.

Bonus: I'm not even going to let myself cross anything of my to-do lists today.

So today you can find me recovering...
in the bathtub (I'm big on baths, guys.)
on my comfy couch trying to finish Unbroken before the movie comes out next month
reading the Ensign
sitting in the hot tub (the social variation of the bathtub)
sipping hot cocoa with almond joy creamer (not a sweet!)
or watching a series of British Classics my grandma let me borrow.

*Okay, not my bathtub
(and obviously not the view out my window!)

*Today's motto. So grateful for my body!



3 comments:

  1. You and me both! I'll give you my detox bath recipe, if you'd like!
    Also Mucinex and Airborne are HEAVENLY!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh please do!! I totally want to try that! My favorite thing lately is a chewable called Umcka from Sprouts. It cuts my cold down from like two weeks to two days!

      Delete
    2. I want it too! I'm a big time bather.

      Delete