Thursday, November 27, 2014

Grateful

I read about a study a few years ago that came to one, powerful conclusion:
Grateful people are happier people.

I love that!
And I know it's true.
That's why Thanksgiving is such a lovely holiday.
No gifts received, no talk of what you want and need,
just all out gratitude for what you have.

I learned something in primary on Sunday that I've tried a few times this week.
We learned about prayer, and were challenged to thank Heavenly Father for 10 things before we ask for anything.
It has most definitely changed my prayers!
By the time I even get to what I am asking for help with, I am filled with so much gratitude for what I have already been helped with.
Heavenly Father is looking out for us. All the time.

In this spirit of Thanksgiving, I thought I would comment on a few things I'm especially grateful for today.

My Husband Jason


I love this man with all of my heart! He is loving, joyful, fun, spontaneous, hardworking, patient and warm. He is the greatest thing to ever come into my life. To come downstairs twice in the last twelve hours to find him kneeling in prayer is so beautiful. To me, Jason personifies love. 

The Gospel of Jesus Christ


This is at the very core of everything I am. If people could know just one thing about me, I want it to be that I am a disciple of Jesus Christ. The Gospel encourages us to live our lives in a way that will bring us back to our Heavenly Father, and that takes diligence and courage, and it is so, so worth it. The times in my life I have been the happiest are the times I am closest with God. He is real.

 My Family

^^Missing my sister in law Logan, sorry!! It was the only one I had!^^

I have a family here on earth, they are so good to me. For real. I don't know what I did to deserve this loving, supportive family but I am forever grateful! Every family is different, and every family has its strengths and its challenges, but I am grateful that I was given this family to go through life with. We strengthen each other and we help each other and we all become better people because of it. I also have wonderful in-laws who I adore, and are so incredibly supportive and loving. God gave us families to help us become what he wants us to be.

Emotional Health

^^My parents watching our first dance. I love this photo.^^

I am grateful that emotionally I feel balanced and at peace. Choosing happiness is a natural choice for me, and that choice affects the way I see everything that happens in life. I think I inherited this one from my mom! For those of you who know her, you know she is the brightest, most joyful person, even through some very difficult things. She has taught me to find joy in every day. Thanks mom!

My Education

^^with my Young Ambassadors sisters in Capetown, South Africa!^^

We are so blessed to be able to receive such wonderful education around here. The opportunities we have in this realm are endless, and education doesn't have to end after you receive a diploma. I am so grateful that I attended a university that revolved around the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and where I received an education not only in journalism, but also in the scriptures, in prayer, and in relationships. Every day at BYU I felt like I was improving myself in so many areas. It was like a four-year deep cleanse of my soul. I developed great habits and got rid of some that hold me back. Living on my own taught me who I really am and what I really want out of life. The friendships I developed will be part of me forever. I am so, so grateful for my education.

Of course, I could continue but I've got to get packing because we're heading up to Snowflake for Thanksgiving! Wahoo!

Happy Thanksgiving to you.
I am thankful that you took time out of your day to read this.






No comments:

Post a Comment