Sunday, April 26, 2015

On Motherhood


I can already tell I'm going to love motherhood.
The other day I was sitting in my glider, feeling baby kicks, and realizing that only one quarter of my life will be spent in non-motherhood, and I'm closing in on that chapter pretty quickly!
Three quarters of my life will be focused on my children, their children, and so on.
I'll love them, listen to them, worry about them, pray from them,
and most of all, learn from them.

Even though I know this is going to be the most challenging thing I've ever done,
I know motherhood will be the best thing for me.
I've been preparing for it for it longer than I know,
and it's go time!


Pregnancy Update!

I haven't done the greatest job documenting my pregnancy week by week,
but for me I think that's best because it has made it go by so much faster!
For journaling's sake though, I'll go through a few of the details so far.

Weeks: 27 (Due July 17th!)

Comfort Level: Totally comfortable! I know I look really pregnant, but I really don't feel much different! Except for when I have to tie my shoes. Or buckle them (so hard, Jason has to help me with that one!). Other than that I've been sleeping great and feeling good!

Symptoms: My nausea went away around 23 weeks, which is a bit longer than normal, but some girls struggle with nausea their entire pregnancies so I'm not complaining! Zofran was my best friend there for a while, and helped me so I didn't have to quit my job. Also, I wasn't too tired during my first trimester, but my second trimester I was a total zombie! I had to hold myself back from taking multiple naps a day. Luckily, other than a couple weeks at the beginning where I was really sick and we were out of town a bunch, I've been able to exercise almost every day and it has really helped me manage my symptoms.

Cravings: I haven't experienced any intense pregnancy cravings yet! One thing I have noticed though is that club soda with fruit syrup in it (like an Italian soda without the cream) always sounds good, and I'm not normally a soda drinker so that's unusual for me! Once or twice a week I find myself in the Sonic drive through ordering a Diet Sprite with strawberries. Yum! Also, I think cereal is my comfort food. Right when I wake up, my first thought is "cereal!" and I race to the kitchen as fast as I can to get a bowl. My current favorites are Cinnamon Life and Vanilla Almond Special K. Mmm. Oh and I have to tell you this because it's seriously miraculous! I've hardly had any sour gummies during my six months of pregnancy! That's a big deal for me, because I'm a big fan of sour punch straws, gummy worms, etc., but I did No Sweets November during my first month of pregnancy (I didn't know I was pregnant at the time!) and it totally kicked the craving for me. Wahoo! I'm free!!

What I'm Looking Forward To: I get to have another ultrasound in three weeks! They will estimate the baby's weight and that weight doubled should be his birth weight (he's a little over two pounds right now). It's crazy to me that three months is the longest I'll have to wait to meet this guy! I also just got a stroller I'm obsessed with. It folds up so incredibly easy with one hand and you know how moms get all jazzed about that stuff.


See you in three months little guy!
I am so, so excited to get to be your mom.

Thanks Auntie Lizzy Early for the photos! We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment